(b) "Minister" means the Minister of Finance.
3 (1) There is hereby established a board to be known as the Sydney Casino Profits Distribution Board composed of eight members appointed by the Minister.
(2) Before making appointments to the Board pursuant to subsection (1), the Minister shall advertise for the names of persons interested in serving on the Board.
(3) No appointments to the Board may be made pursuant to subsection (1) until the names of the proposed members have been submitted to and approved by the Human Resources Committee of the House of Assembly.
(4) A vacancy on the Board does not impair the ability of the remaining members of the Board to act.
4 Four members of the Board shall be appointed for a term of two years and four members of the Board shall be appointed for a term of three years.
5 One of the eight members of the Board appointed pursuant to subsection 3(1) shall be chosen as Chair of the Board by the members of the Board.
6 The members of the Board are entitled to such remuneration and reasonable travelling and living expenses as determined by the Governor in Council.
7 A majority of the members of the Board constitutes a quorum of the Board.
8 (1) The function of the Board is to decide on, administer and oversee, on an annual basis, the distribution to charities of an amount equal to one half of the annual profits of the Sydney Casino.
(2) When performing its functions pursuant to subsection (1), the Board shall work in conjunction with the Department of Finance and Service Nova Scotia and Municipal Relations.
9 (1) Subject to Section 10, the Minister shall place in a special reserve fund an amount equal to one half of the annual profits, if any, arising from the operation of the Sydney Casino.
(2) The monies in the fund referred to in subsection (1) shall be paid to charities on an annual basis in the manner determined by the Board.
10 The monies required for the administration of this Act shall be paid out of moneys appropriated for that purpose by the Legislature.